Methodical information /
Regional Aspects Of The Development Models Of Educational Services: Trends And Prospects Of Development.
The school-seminar was attended by the governor of Novosibirsk area, representatives of the Novosibirsk region administration, representatives of the Siberian branch of the Academy of Sciences of Russia, interuniversity centers of Novosibirsk, Omsk, Tomsk, Altai, of Southern Russia, representatives of higher educational institutions of Russia: Moscow state university, Rostov state university, Novosibirsk state university, the Siberian state geodetic academy, Novosibirsk state technical university, Novosibirsk state medical academy, the Siberian state railway university, Novosibirsk state pedagogical university, Novosibirsk state agrarian university, the South-Ural state university, Tomsk polytechnical university, Tomsk state pedagogical university, the Altay state technical university, Omsk state pedagogical university.
Stressing relevance of the discussed issue, the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation has acknowledged the school-seminar with a greeting letter to the participants signed by the Deputy minister of education (N.B. Bantsenkin).
Following the program, the school-seminar has considered the following questions:
- State policy in the field of training national staff for foreign countries in educational establishments of the Siberian region.
- Methodology of developing major social and economic programs on promoting export of educational services based on the efficient management of organizational, economic, diplomatic, professional, personnel resources of the Siberian region.
- Positioning of Russia in the international market of educational services.
- Creation of conditions for assuring annual continual increase of the foreign student number admitted to educational institutions of the Siberian region and full realization of the export of educational services' package in the region.
- Search for and introducing of the effective market mechanisms for regulating export of educational services of the region.
- Issues of acknowledgment, recognition and determining the equivalence of diplomas.
The school-seminar also considered methods of developing corporate strategy in performing activities by federal executive authorities, executive authorities of the Novosibirsk region, and educational establishments of Novosibirsk in developing and realizing specific programs and activities targeted at the implementation of the state policy concept of the Russian Federation in the field of training national staff for foreign countries.
The school-seminar acknowledged high professional and organizational level of preparing and conducting the seminar and understanding importance of the problem by administration of the Novosibirsk region. Participants of the school-seminar paid credit to representatives of Administration of the Novosibirsk region, Presidium of the Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and regional OVIR for their assistance in preparing the seminar. However, missing regional OVIR executives were a major disappointment for the seminar participants.
Seminar participants have acknowledged relevance of the Concept of state policy of the Russian Federation in the field of training national staff for foreign countries in the Russian educational establishments, signed by President Mr. Putin on November 1, 2002, and the high necessity of developing programs at the level of subjects of Russia including the Novosibirsk region.
Seminar participants have come to a conclusion that the regional potential resources allow develop export of educational services as an independent industry.
Seminar participants have mentioned a need to perform analytical and marketing researches, to develop a program of educational services export and to test it, for example, by Russian and international experts. The seminar has also confirmed as practical to form a working group representing universities of the Novosibirsk region, regional administration, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, the Siberian Branch of the Russian Academy of Science, the Parliament, MASS, (etc. as agreed).
Participants of the school-seminar have agreed:
- To recognize the necessity to encourage activities of educational establishments of the Siberian region in exporting educational services.
- To approve activities of the Novosibirsk interuniversity center of international education in developing strategies of the export of educational services, as well as activities of the Center for advanced training of employees of international services of educational establishments in the Siberian region.
- To charge the Novosibirsk interuniversity center of international education with forming a working group for developing a program of export of educational services in the Novosibirsk region. The program involves forming and developing effective mechanisms of managing export of educational services by the Novosibirsk region administration.
Participants of the school-seminar have submitted a request to the Ministry of Education of Russia:
- To assist in developing and implementing a program of export of educational services in the Novosibirsk region.
- To promote a system of training, retraining and advanced training of employees of international services of educational establishments in order to provide the personnel assuring export of educational services.
- To provide target financing for researches in the field of educational services export in Russia.
- To initiate creation and development of services for acknowledgment, recognition and determining the equivalence of diplomas in Russian regions and training experts qualified to perform this task.
- To continue practices of conducting similar annual schools-seminars including scheduled allocation of target financing for this purpose.
Export of educational services of Russia. Regional aspects of the development models of educational services: trends and prospects of development: Decision of Inter-regional school-seminar, Novosibirsk, July 21-24, 2003 // Internet: Site of Scientific Research Institute of Information Technologies .
OVIR - Department of visas and registration.
Note and reformatting by:
Head of the Management Department of International Education
Institute of International Educational Programmes
St.Petersburg State Polytechnic University
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Regional Aspects Of The Development Models Of Educational Services: Trends And Prospects Of Development.</a>