Methodical information /
Prevention Of Offences. Guidelines for teachers and tutors of foreign students
of the Volgograd State Medical University. Volgograd, 2006
Table of Contents
II. Organizational structure of the International Department
III. Work with foreign students
1. Work with the preparatory department students
2. Work with foreign students living in hostels
3. Work with foreign students living in tented flats
4. Work with foreign students of the department of intense training using the intermediate language
5. Work with national associations of foreign students
6. Work with the Students Council
IV Work with university teachers
1. Tutors of national associations
2. Tutors of study groups
3. Teachers of foreign students
V. Work with the local population.
1. Creation of a positive image of a foreign student of the Volgograd State Medical University
2. Work with the population in the hostels neighborhood
VI. Work with the health institutions in the areas of compact settlement of foreign students
1. University medical center
2. Work with polyclinics and inpatient clinics providing medical services to foreign students
VII. Work with law enforcement bodies
VIII. Work with the Federal Migration Service Department
IX. Work with the City Administration
Appendix 1. Functions of the staff for work with foreign students.
Appendix 2. Instructions on the procedure for execution of the rental contract for foreign flat renters.
Appendix 3. Instructions on the rules of safe dwelling in flats.
Appendix 4. Instructions on the rules of use of gas equipment for foreign flat renter's
Appendix 5. Instuctions on the rules of use of electric equipment for foreign flat renters.
Appendix 6. Instructions on the rules of use of water supply equipment for foreign flat renters.
Appendix 7. Contract of rental of a flat.
Appendix 8. Receipt of rent.
Appendix 9. Contract No.
Appendix 10. Instructions on the rules of safe movement within the territory of the Russian Federation during student vacation.
Appendix 11. Volgograd State Medical University Dean's office for work with foreign students.
At present, a considerable number of foreign students study in Russian higher education institutions. In recent years, offenses against foreign students have become more frequent. Unfortunately, such events are not always objectively reported by mass media and official law enforcement bodies. In this context, an important role should be played by higher education institutions responsible for admission of foreign nationals.
First of all, it should be stressed that students should be timely informed of the rules regulating the stay of foreigners in the territory of the Russian Federation and of the basic Russian laws, as well as of methods of offense prevention. It should also be emphasized that because of poor understanding of customs and traditions in particular regions of the Russian Federation, foreign students (especially with bad knowledge of Russian) may provoke offenses.
Special emphasis should be placed on coordination of efforts of law enforcement authorities and administrations of higher education institutions. More often than not, efficient organization of such coordination has a great impact of the security situation of foreign nationals in a particular city or town.
The purpose of these guidelines is to inform all concerned parties dealing with education of foreign students of the experience of the Volgograd State Medical University's work in this area.
Functions of tutors of first- and second-year students
1. Take part in forming the group's body of activists and impact the daily life of the group.
2. Participate in the organization and control of study process in groups during the academic year.
3. Weekly meet with the students on prearranged days.
4. At the beginning of the academic year, talk to the students about the need to acquire warm clothing for cold weather.
5. Inform the students of the rules of dwelling in hostels and flats and rules of behavior in public places.
6. Inform the students of the rules of safe use of electric, gas and water supply equipment in flats.
7. Regularly (at least once per year) visit students living in flats and hostels.
8. Have information on telephone numbers and addresses of the staff of the dean's office for work with foreign students.
9. Have information on Volgograd telephone numbers and addresses of the students from the tutor's group.
10. Take part in the organization of parties, gala nights, national festivals and sports events.
11. Take part in arranging students' visits to museums, theaters, concerts, exhibitions etc. (at least once in three months).
12. As required, together with the staff of the dean's office for work with foreign students inform students' parents about their progress.
13. Provide assistance to students and the dean's office for work with foreign students during the organization of medical examination and registration at the place of residence.
14. In case of illness of any group member, promptly inform the dean's office for work with foreign students, and, as required, assist in transporting the diseased to a health institution.
15. If any group member has problems with law enforcement bodies or any other serious problems, without delay inform the dean's office for work with foreign students.
16. Duly inform the dean's office for work with foreign students about students who are frequently absent from classes and have poor grades.
17. At the end of each semester, submit the Tutor's Book to the dean's office for work with foreign students for review.
18. At the end of the academic year (end of June) submit to the dean's office for work with foreign students a brief reference for each students of the tutor's group.
1. State Standard of the Russian Federation. Housing and Communal Services. General Specifications (Gosstandart of Russia). -Moscow, 2000.
2. Resolution of the State Committee of the Russian Federation for Construction and Housing and Public Utilities No. 170 of September 27, 2003, "On Approval of Rules and Standards of Technical Maintenance of Housing Facilities".
3. Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Russian Federation No. 415 of September 25, 1985, "On Approval of the Rules of Use of Residential Premises, Maintenance of Residential Buildings and Adjacent Territory in the RSFSR and Standard Rental of Residential Premises in the Houses Belonging to State, Municipal and Public Housing Stock in the RSFSR" (in the wording of Resolutions of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 34 of 18.01.92 and No. 726 of 23.07.93).
4. Personal Security (precautionary measures in daily life). - Moscow, "Avanta", 2001.
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Prevention Of Offences. Guidelines for teachers and tutors of foreign students
of the Volgograd State Medical University. Volgograd, 2006</a>