Legal matters /
Federal legislation /
Laws of the Russian Federation, Federal laws /
Federal Law No. 114-Fz Of August 15, 1996 /
Federal Law No. 114-Fz Of August 15, 1996
Chapter VI. Procedure for Transit Passage by Foreign Citizens and Persons without Citizenship Through the Territory of the Russian Federation
Article 29. Transit passage through the territory of the Russian Federation shall as a rule be effected without the right of making a stop-off.
Transit passage through the territory of the Russian Federation by foreign citizens and persons without citizenship into a state of destination, by any and all transport, shall be allowed provided they produce a Russian transit visa or a visa of entry into a state contiguous to the Russian Federation on the route of their travel, or a visa of a state of destination and travelling tickets valid for exit from the Russian Federation, or a verified guarantee of acquisition thereof at the point of change-over in the territory of the Russian Federation.
A foreign citizen shall not need a transit visa in the case of his/her transit travelling non-stop via the territory of the Russian Federation on the transport route sections listed in the list and in the manner established by the Government of the Russian Federation.
Article 30. A visa with the right to make a stop-off in the territory of the Russian Federation may be issued to foreign citizens or persons without citizenship provided they submit a well-motivated request and documents confirming the necessity of such a stop-off, unless otherwise stipulated by an international treaty of the Russian Federation.
Article 31. Transit passage through the territory of the Russian Federation in the absence of a visa shall be permitted to a foreign citizen or a person without citizenship in the following cases, viz.:
1) if they make a through-flight by air through the territory of the Russian Federation;
2) if they travel on board an airplane of an international airline and make a change-over at an airport in the territory of the Russian Federation and are in possession of duly executed documents for the right of entry into a state of destination and an air-ticket with a verified date of departure from an airport of change-over in the territory of the Russian Federation, which is to be within twenty-four hours from the moment of their arrival, except for in cases of a forced stopover;
3) if they reside in the territory of a state with which the Russian Federation has a corresponding international treaty.
Article 32. A forced stop-off shall be recognized as a stay of over twenty-four hours within the limits of a populated locality due to the occurrence of the following circumstances:
1) such natural calamities as may delay service by trains, motor transport, vessels, or airplanes;
2) the necessity to make repairs to a certain transport vehicle damaged as a result of the failure of any parts thereof, or as a result of a transport accident;
3) a disease, if further travel of a sick person according to a doctor's opinion may endanger his life and health;
4) unforseen delays when changing from one transport to another at the point of change-over.
In case of an enforced stop-off, the registration of the stay in the territory of the Russian Federation and extension of the term of the transit Russian visa shall be carried out by a territorial agency of the federal executive body authorized to exercise the functions of control and supervision in the field of migration at the place of such forced stop-off at the request of foreign citizens or persons without citizenship.
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Federal Law No. 114-Fz Of August 15, 1996</a>