Duma adopted the Bill on Changes of the State Educational Standard Conception and Structure at the first reading
On September 11, 2007, the State Duma of the Russian Federation adopted a Bill at the first reading on changes of the state educational standard conception and structure.
The Bill specifies:
1. the cancellation of the educational standard division into the federal and regional components and the component of the educational institute in accordance with the article 43 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation;
2. the new structure of the standard, including :
- the requirements to the mastering results of the basic educational programmes;
- the requirements to the basic educational programmes structure (including the correlation of the humanitarian, natural-science, mathematical and other educational aspects;
- the correlation of the obligatory part of the basic educational programme and the part formed by the educational process participants);
-the requirements to the terms of the basic educational programmes execution;
3. the replacement of the "state standard" institution by the "state requirements" institution (concerning preschool and continuing professional educational programmes and some additional professional educational programmes)
4. ranking to the Government competence the establishment of the order of development and approval of the federal state educational standards.
In order to avoid misinterpreting the bill also specifies the terms:
- the exemplary basic educational programme;
- the basic educational programme of the educational institute;
- the complementary educational programme of the educational institute.
The enactment of the Bill will promote development of academic freedom of the educational institutes and allow to take into account the peculiarities of forming of the educational programmes training science and science-pedagogical personnel, as well as to meet a lack of the legal regulation concerning forming of the federal state educational standards in the Law of the Russian Federation "On Education" and the Federal Law "On higher and continuing professional education".
The Bill is seconded by 43 subjects of the Russian Federation.
Source: The Ministry for Education and Science of the Russian Federation