Summer School in Ecology
Do you want to learn about Siberian matters in an international setting? Gain a specific insight into environmental policy in Siberia? Get acquainted with interesting people from all over the world? Have an exciting trip to Taiga and Steppe of Western Siberia, and discover Siberian wonders in an international atmosphere with participants from many different countries?
If you answered YES, apply for our Summer School in the famous Siberian city of Omsk!
This three-week-course is designed for students and young professionals. This year Summer School is devoted to Environmental Policy in Western Siberia. You will experience a study trip between Taiga and Steppe.
Working languages are English and Russian. The program is divided into three parts - classes, fieldwork and cultural activities. The whole program (144 academic hours) corresponds to an equivalent of 4 credit points of the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
Management of ecological systems, environmental assessment, environmental security in Western Siberia, effects of global climate change in Western Siberia, development of forecasting, energy and environment, flora and fauna of Western Siberia, nature conservation and bio-diversity.
01.08.2011 - 23.08.2011, deadline for registration: June 01, 2011.
Integrated cultural programm
- August 1: day of arrival.
- August 2: official opening, orientation session.
- August 3 - August 22: classes, research and fieldwork, cultural program.
- August 20: examination.
- August 22: award of certificates, official closing, farewell party.
- August 23: day of departure.
Competition on orienteering, tourist quiz, sport activities, excursions:
The Summer School will consist of:
- Historical Omsk (Omsk Fortress, Admiral Kolchak Residence, Tara and Tobol Gates, Omsk State Museum of History and Regional studies, Museum of Alive History).
- Cultural Omsk (Literary Museum of F.M. Dostoevsky, Omsk Regional Museum of Fine Arts, Museum of Military Glory, Siberian Culture Center, Omsk Academic Drama Theatre) etc.
- Class hours (45 min) - 48.
- Fieldwork, cultural program - 42.
- Home Assignments - 18.
- Preparation for examinations - 12.
- Examinations - 6.
- Integrated Russian language course - 18.
- TOTAL - 144.
15 000 Rubles (about 370,00 Euro). Students are required to pay in cash (in rubles only) on arrival in Omsk.
Student Residence Hall of Omsk State Pedagogical University (single and double rooms).
- Application Form.
- Copy of the Passport (Page with the photo only).
- Copy of the documents on previous education (Certificate or Diploma).
- Medical certificate.
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume.
- Six passport-size photos (must be submited upon arrival to Omsk).
Division of International Cooperation, Omsk State Pedagogical University
14, Naberezhnaya Tukhachevskogo, Office 337, 644099 Omsk, Russia
Tel. +7 (3812) 24-37-95, Fax. +7 (3812) 23-53-21
E-mail for applications: firstname.lastname@example.org, website: "www.omgpu.ru"
Source: Îmsk State Pedagogical University