Traces of Extinct Culture. History of Siberian Folk: origins, development and state-of-the-art
Siberian State Aerospace University offers a unique opportunity for foreign students to enlarge the scope, to visit the heart of Russia, to observe the beauty of amazing and enigmatic Siberia, to acquire invaluable experience of the archeological work in actual field environment.
Participants will get a chance to plunge into the Russian culture with an intensive course of the Russian language. They will visit local museums and get acquainted with the region's history, traditions and customs, and also take participation in celebration of native ceremonies and holidays.
Period: 09 July - 24 July, 2012
The programme is subdivided into two parts. Part 1 includes classes in history of Siberian Folk with a 4-day archeological expedition. Part 2 includes classes in the Russian language and the region's culture, traditions and customs.
The programme offers lectures and practical training in the following academic fields:
- Ancient history of Siberian Folk;
- Ethnic history of Siberian Folk;
- Material and intellectual culture of Siberian Folk;
- Learning of techniques and skills in ancient pottery of Siberian Folk;
- Studying of stone artifacts;
- State-of-the-art: problems and perspectives;
- The Russian language and culture (36 academic hours).
Participants will join the archeological group to acquire invaluable experience of the archeological work in actual field environment in a campground far away from blessings of civilization.
The programme also includes master-classes of learning techniques and skills in ancient pottery and studying of application methods of stone artifacts
Language of instruction - English
Cost - ?900
- learning (162 hours or 5 ECTS credits);
- travel to a campground and dwelling in a campground - rental of tents and equipment for 3-4 persons;
- cultural programme (sightseeing tour, visit of the Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore, V.I. Surikov Estate-Museum, V.P. Astafyev Estate-Museum, National Park "Stolby", Fun-Park "Bobrovy Log", The Krasnoyarsk Dam, etc.);
- travel pass for all transports;
- full medical insurance within the whole period of stay;
- use of Internet in the University;
Deadline - 31 May, 2012
- dwelling (at the hotel, single rooms, amenities for two rooms) ?260, incl. breakfast;
- air travel;
- visa procurement;
- meals (supper, dinner, about ?200 for 16 days);
- additional excursions, amusements (optional)
Additional information - http://www.summerschools.sibsau.ru
Contact person: Shashkova Ekaterina Viktorovna
Tel. +7 (391) 262-93-62
Also information: Siberian State Aerospace University named after academician M.F. Reshetnev