Life Support for Space Systems
Siberian State Aerospace University offers a unique programme for foreign and Russian students in the sphere of creating and operating space vehicles. It allows students to study the principles of creating and operating closed space systems and to get acquainted with the heart of Siberia, Krasnoyarsky Kray, and to observe its beauty.
Period: 29 July - 11 August, 2012
The programme is oriented upon students and PG students with a basic level in Physics and Computer Science.
- variety of space vehicles;
- equipment for automation systems of space vehicles;
- fundamentals of scientific work;
- fundamentals of space flights;
- fundamentals of power flows circulation in closed space systems;
- theory of automatic control in space systems;
- fundamentals of artificial neural networks;
- AI system of space vehicles;
- fundamentals of image processing;
- unusual life support systems.
Hours per week: 30.
All participants will take exams and obtain transcripts with ECTS credits.
Language of instruction: English
Cost: - ˆ520
- learning (120 hours or 4 ECTS credits);
- academic excursions: visit of enterprises for production of small space vehicles, the scientific and training center "Rocket and Space Technology", the students' space mission control center of small space vehicles;
- cultural programme (sightseeing tour, tour of the observatory, visit of the Krasnoyarsk Regional Museum of Local Lore, V.I. Surikov Estate-Museum, V.P. Astafyev Estate-Museum, National Park "Stolby", Fun-Park "Bobrovy Log", The Krasnoyarsk Dam, etc.)
- travel pass for all transports,
- full medical insurance within the whole period of stay,
- use of Internet in the University.
- dwelling (at the hotel, single rooms, amenities for two rooms) ˆ300, incl. breakfast;
- air travel;
- visa procurement;
- meals (supper, dinner, about ˆ200 for 14 days);
- additional excursions, the Russian language (optional).
Deadline: 30 june, 2012
Shashkova Ekaterina Viktorovna
Tel. +7 (391) 262-93-62