The Department of Physical and Colloid Chemistry of Southern Federal University
Post-doc Position on coordination compounds of d-and- f-elements with organic ligands: isomery, biological activity, magnetic and optical properties (36 months)
Research Center: Department of Physical and Colloid Chemistry
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: Dr. Igor Scherbakov
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1-2 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
The Department of Physical and Colloid Chemistry of Southern Federal University (http://www.physchem.chimfak.rsu.ru/index-eng.html), Russia, seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of coordination compounds of d-and- f-elements with organic ligands: isomery, biological activity, magnetic and optical properties, whose main responsibility would be to conduct synthesis and physical chemical study of the coordination compounds of d-and-f- metals with unique magnetic, spectral properties and biological activity.
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in Chemistry and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- The candidate should also have deep knowledge in the area of coordinated chemistry and proven experience in synthesis of coordination compounds, research of their physical and chemical properties and forecasting the biological activity of coordination compounds.
- Research performance indicators: h-index is minimum 4, number of publications in the relevant field is no less than 7, the highest impact-factor of journals with published articles is no less than 3.
- Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team.
What we offer
- Employment contract for 3 years, available since January 12, 2016.
- Access to the state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.
- Accommodation in a guest lecturers' section of the Halls of Residence.
- Presentations of one's research findings at national and international conferences.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply.
The application is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com