The International Research Centre for study 'Historical Memory' of Southern Federal University
Post-doc Position on Collective/historical memory for a project applied to any cultural or geographical context (36 months)
Research Center: Collective memory
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: professor Victor Apryshchenko http://hist.sfedu.ru/o-fakultete/kto-est-kto/professura/decan.html
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1-2 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
The International Research Centre for study 'Historical Memory' of Southern Federal University, Russia, seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project funded by the EU representatives in Russia in the area of collective/historical memory in any cultural or geographical context, whose main responsibility would be to conduct research on historical memory in modern Europe.
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in history or political science and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- Research performance indicators: h-index is minimum 3, number of publications in the relevant field is no less than 5.
- Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team.
What we offer
- Employment contract for 3 years, available since January 12, 2016.
- Competitive compensation package in line with those offered by other Russian research organizations.
- Accommodation in a guest lecturers' section of the Halls of Residence.
- Presentations of one's research findings at national and international conferences.
How to Apply
International candidates are welcome to apply.
The application is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.
Enquires should be made to: email@example.com