The Department "of Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, Ultrasonic Laboratory" of Southern Federal University
Post-doc Position on Ultrasound methods of research of novel materials with acoustic filter properties (36 months)
Department of Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, Ultrasonic Laboratory
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: professor Medzhlum Sumbatyan
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1 year of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
The Department "of Theoretical and Computational Fluid Dynamics, Ultrasonic Laboratory" (http://dbs.sfedu.ru/www/rsu$persons$.startup?p_per_id=521) of Southern Federal University, Russia seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of smart materials, whose main responsibility would be to conduct theoretical and experimental research on elastic materials synthesis with a specific periodical internal structure.
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in Mechanics or related fields and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- The candidate should also have proven experience in conducting research on dynamic problems of elasticity theory and of acoustic waves propagation.
- In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently and thrive in a multi-disciplinary research environment.
- Research performance indicators: number of publications in the journals indexing by Web-of-Science in relevant field is no less than 3.
What we offer
- Employment contract for up-to 3 years, available starting from January 12th, 2016.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment.
- Accommodation in a guest lecturers' section of the Halls of Residence.
How to Apply
The application is to be sent to email@example.com
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.
Additional enquires should be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org