The International Research Centre "Smart materials"
Post-doc Position on Novel Smart nanomaterials for a project applied to biomedicine: nanodesign, synthesis and diagnostics (36 months)
Smart Materials International Research Center
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: professor Alexander Soldatov
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1-2 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
The International Research Centre "Smart materials" (http://nano.sfedu.ru) of Southern Federal University, Russia seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of novel smart materials and biomedicine, whose main responsibility would be to conduct research on computer nanodesign, synthesis and diagnostics of smart nanomaterials including Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOF) for biomedical applications.
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in nanotechnology/Chemistry/Physics or related fields and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- The candidate should also have proven experience at least in one of the following fields: synthesis of nanostructured materials, diagnostics of nanostructured materials parameters (using XRD, EXAFS, FTIR, DLS), and/or quantum chemistry or molecular dynamics simulations using supercomputers.
- In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently and thrive in a multi-disciplinary research environment.
- Research performance indicators: h-index is minimum 2, number of publications in the journals indexing by Web-of-Science in relevant field is no less than 3, the citation index is minimum 5.
- Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team.
What we offer
- Employment contract for up-to 3 years, available starting from January 12th, 2016.
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment at the lab (http://nano.sfedu.ru/equipment.html) and Synchrotron Radiation facilities in Russia and Europe (Kurchatov Institute, DESY, ESRF, SLS).
- Personal office with WiFi Internet.
- Accommodation in a guest lecturers' section of the Halls of Residence.
How to Apply
The application is to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.
Additional enquires should be addressed to: email@example.com