Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Evaluation
Post-doc Position on the development and unification of assessment and analysis methods of the ecological status of soils under technogenic contamination (36 months) -
Research Center: Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Evaluation
University: Southern Federal University
Location: Rostov-on-Don, Russia
Research supervisor: professor Tatiana Minkina
Job Type: Full time
Career Stage: ~1-2 years of experience after PhD
Closing Date: December 15th 2015(23:00 Moscow time)
Salary: 70 000 roubles per month including tax
Department of Soil Science and Land Resources Evaluation (http://dssac.ru/soil-science.html) of Southern Federal University, Russia seeks a post-doctoral researcher for a collaborative project in the area of environmental monitoring and protection, whose main responsibility would be to compare various methods of heavy metals and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon identification in soils, sediments and plants and to test new methods of assessment and monitoring.
- The successful candidate should hold a recent PhD in Analytical Chemistry/Soil Science/Geochemistry/Agrochemistry/ Microbiology or related fields and be fluent in English. The knowledge of Russian language is a bonus.
- The candidate should also have proven skills of working on the liquid chromatograph, chromate-mass spectrometer or atomic absorption spectrophotometer.
- In addition, the candidate should be able to work independently and thrive in a multi-disciplinary research environment
- Research performance indicators: number of publications in the relevant field is no less than 2.
- Applicants are expected to have a work experience in international research team.
What we offer
- Employment contract for 3 years, available since January 12, 2016.
- Access to the-state-of-the art equipment and facilities.
- Accommodation in a guest lecturers' section of the Halls of Residence.
- Presentations of one's research findings at national and international conferences.
How to Apply
Enquires should be made to: Prof.Dr. Tatiana Minkina: email@example.com
International candidates are welcome to apply.
The application is sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants should submit a motivation letter, a full curriculum vitae, list of publications or related projects in the research field, a recommendation letter.