Russian Language /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School /
Russian Language Summer School in MESI
Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI) invites you to attend the Russian Language Summer School. You will obtain opportunities not only to learn Russian, but also to spend four weeks in green area of Moscow - in the MESI campus.
The Summer School dates: July 3 - 31, 2013
Four-week programmes of the Summer School (80 hours) are designed both for those who intend to start learning Russian and for those who wish to improve their Russian language skills. Classes are held in small groups (10 - 15 students) based on language competence.
Our programmes include
- Preliminary testing (not for beginners)
- Intensive lessons (reading, writing, speaking, listening, studying phonetics and grammar)
- Post-course testing and individual consulting on its results
- Cursory acquaintance with the Russian language courses available on-line, as well as workshops and recommendations for students self-studying Russian using open educational resources and "News from Russia" on-line book
- Excursion and cultural programme
Programme for Beginners is offered to those who would like to start learning Russian. It helps to
- Learn the Russian alphabet and start to read Russian texts
- Become acquainted with the basic Russian grammar
- Be familiar with the most useful phrases and words
- Be able to use Russian in everyday situations: in shops, cafes, in the street, in transport etc.
- Develop listening comprehension to understand advertisements, information in a supermarket, in a railway station, in metro
Programme for Intermediate Students is for those who would like to continue learning Russian.
The classes help to
- Revise and systematize the basic knowledge of the Russian grammar in speech practice
- Be able to read and analyze articles, short stories, news and information texts
- Develop writing skills in Russian, including Internet letters writing
- Be able to communicate in Russian on the Internet (forums, blogs and social networks)
- Make short speeches and MS Power Point reports in Russian
All participants will receive the MESI Russian Language School Certificates. Preparation for the Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (TORFL) is available.
Students will have opportunity to gain practical experience and to reach their knowledge in the Russian Culture and History, to see the famous sights and small ancient streets of Moscow.
We provide accommodation in a dormitory. Two- and three-bedrooms are arranged in a block with bathroom facilities, a kitchen and a laundrette.
Wi-fi internet access across the campus and all accommodation areas is available.
Meals are served two times a day in the student cafeteria.
Summer School participation fee is 34 850 rubles (about 850 euros) that includes
- Tuition fee
- Breakfasts and lunches (excluding weekends)
- Cultural programme
- Visa support
The participation fee without accommodation is 28 700 rubles (about 700 euros).
Deadline for application: 26 April, 2013
In order to participate in the Summer School, please, follow the Application Procedure.
For details, please, contact us:
MESI International Relations Department
Phone: +7 (495) 442 61 22
Also information is available on www.eng.mesi.ru/education/summer-school/ and in the Summer School - MESI brochure.
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Russian Language Summer School in MESI</a>