Russian Language /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School 'Enter Russia through Siberian Gates!' Tyumen, 28th June - 27th July, 2014
Tyumen is the first Siberian city (1586), multinational and dynamic, a city with old traditions and young people.
Join our unique project for foreign citizens interested in studying the Russian language and learning about the country. The course is designed to acquire and improve the language skills while being immersed into the authentic Russian society. The participants will have a great opportunity to be involved in a variety of interactive educational projects to experience Russian cultural diversity and to get an idea of the economy, geography and history of Western Siberia.
80 academic hours of class-room learning
50 academic hours of project work (Language and Country Studies)
5 ECTS points awarded for completion of the course
• Russian Language & Culture Module (60 hours). It includes interactive lessons of Russian language (grammar & vocabulary) and insights into Russian culture.
• Module on the Russian and Siberian History, Economic & Geographical Peculiarities of Tyumen oblast (20 hours)
Language and Country Studies:
• Sightseeing tour of Tyumen
• Visits to the local museums & places of local cultural heritage:
• Acquaintance with different religions of the city.
• Bus excursions to the countryside visiting Russian & Tartar villages. Acquaintance with their national traditions & customs.
• Excursion to the city of Tobolsk - the historic capital of Siberia. It is known as a place of exile of the Decembrists and the last Russian tsar Nicolai II and his family.
Acquaintance with the city history, a visit to the unique Kremlin & Abalaksky Monastery
• Cinema club (film-watching in the Russian language + discussion)
• Discussion of the new cultural and language experience
• Preparation of group projects and presentations
The participants are provided with double rooms in a student hostel.
Accommodation in a single room in a student hostel can be provided on
participant's request (at additional cost).
• The classes take place in the morning
• Excursions and project work are planned for the afternoons and weekends.
Cost of the program (incl. tuition fee, cultural program and excursions,
accommodation): 950 Euro
The date of the arrival: the 28th - 29 th of June
The date of the departure: the 26th - 27th of July
The deadline for applications: the 1st of April, 2014.
If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us:
Regional Institute for International Cooperation
at Tyumen State University
10, Semakova Str.,
625003, Tyumen, RF
Tel.: 007 (3452) - 455704 / 455703
Fax: 007 (3452) - 455704 / 455703
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Russian Language & Culture Summer School 'Enter Russia through Siberian Gates!' Tyumen, 28th June - 27th July, 2014</a>