Russian Language /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School /
Summer School of Russian Language and Country Studies "Explore Unknown Siberia"
Omsk State Pedagogical University welcomes international students to attend Russian Language and Country Studies Summer School "Explore Unknown Siberia".
Having extensive experience in training international students, OSPU provides a unique opportunity for students to study the Russian language and learn more about Siberian life and culture during their summer vacations.
The Intensive Russian Language Course was developed by the professionals at the Department of Russian as a Foreign Language, School of Philology, Omsk State Pedagogical University.
The summer course consists of the following parts:
- July 28-31: days of arrival.
- August 1: opening ceremony.
- August 2: test determining the level of Russian.
- August 3 - 19: intensive course of Russian as a foreign language (54 academic hours), cultural programme (90 academic hours).
- August 20: final test of Russian.
- August 21: closing ceremony, farewell party.
- August 22 - 24: days of departure.
In accordance with the level of Russian students are streamed into elementary, intermediate, advanced level groups.
The Elementary course is developed for students with no previous knowledge or minimal knowledge of the Russian language. The objectives of the course are to acquaint students with the basics of Russian Phonetics and Grammar. On completion of this course, a student will be able to understand and employ common phrases and expressions necessary to solve certain communicative tasks and take part in simple conversations.
The Intermediate course is developed for students with prior training in Russian; students taking this course are expected to be aware of the structure of Russian. During this course, students review the basic grammatical and syntactical structures of the Russian language and acquire an active vocabulary. The successful completion of the course enables students to communicate in everyday, social, cultural, educational and professional spheres.
The Advanced course is developed for students who have prior training in Russian and are able to satisfy the requirements of communication with Russian people. The objectives of the course are to study complicated grammar material, to develop vocabulary through analysis of texts on various topics including journalistic articles. On completion of this course, a student will be able to understand main ideas of reports; to easily communicate in various situations; to speak fluently and spontaneously.
On completion of the course students are awarded a certificate with 4 ETCS.
On arrival in the City of Omsk the students take part in the orientation session to get acquainted with the peculiarities of the Russian lifestyle, the structure of the course, climate and other necessary information regarding their stay in Omsk.
The Summer School participants are introduced to Russian (in particular Siberian) culture through excursion activities and visiting historical and cultural places in the Omsk region.
The cultural programme consists of the following events:
- City Sightseeing Tour;
- Short-term trip to Historical Cultural Complex "Starina Sibirskaya";
- Cultural Fair (country presentations);
- Traditional Russian Lunch;
- Talent Show "Language of Art is the Way to Understanding other Cultures";
- Roundtable Discussion "Contemporary Russia";
- Rafting on the Tara River;
- Visiting Omsk State Puppet, Actor and Mask Theatre "Arlekin";
- Russian Cultural Evening (19th Century Style);
- Roundtable Discussion "Siberian Culture: Western or Eastern Mentality?";
- Visiting Omsk Academic Drama Theatre;
- Visiting Omsk State Dostoevsky Literature Museum;
- Short-term trip to "Achair" Nunnery (including Traditional Russian Religious Lunch);
- Beach Volleyball;
- Visiting Museum of Omsk Cadet Corps;
- Visiting Omsk M.A. Vrubel Museum of Fine Arts;
- Presentation of the Students' Projects On the Topic "My Siberia";
- Farewell Party.
Participation Fee is 20000 Rubles (approximately 460 €).
Discounts on participation in Russian Language and Country Studies Summer School are available for:
1. Second-(or more) time participants.
2. Students from partner-universities.
The reduced participation fee for each of these categories is 15000 Rubles (approximately 340 €).
International students live in a special block of the OSPU Residence Hall in the centre of the city (about 2 minutes' walk from the main building of OSPU). Each section of the block has a kitchen, living room, laundry, shower cabins and internet connection. The Summer School Housing fees are 396 Rubles (approximately 10 euros) or 3712 Rubles (approximately 84 euros) for a place in a double room (the price depends on the living conditions).
1. Letter of Intent;
2. Application Form;
3. Medical Certificate;
4. Copy of Passport (page with the photo);
5. Motivation Letter;
6. Curriculum Vitae (including your educational background and employment information);
7. Copy of Diploma, Academic Transcript, or Secondary School Certificate.
Deadline for submitting application documents is June 15.
Phone: +7 (3812) 24-37-95
Fax: +7 (3812) 23-53-21
Source: Omsk State Pedagogical University
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Summer School of Russian Language and Country Studies "Explore Unknown Siberia"</a>