Russian Language /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School /
Russian Language Summer School
Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics (MESI) invites you to the Russian Language Summer School. That is a perfect opportunity not only to learn Russian but also to be integrated into a Russian speaking community and to enjoy one of the largest cities of the world.
We offer a 3-week programme both for those who would like to start learning Russian and for those who wish to improve their skills.
Classes are held in international groups of 7-10 students based on the Russian language competences.
Upon successful completion of the programme you will get the Russian Language School Certificate awarded by MESI. Preparation for the Test of Russian as a Foreign Language (TORFL) is also available upon request.
Accommodation and meals are arranged at the university campus. It is located in a cosy and quiet zone in the Western part of Moscow but provides an easy access to the city center.
- Placement test
- 90 hours of intensive lessons: reading, writing, speaking, listening, phonetics and grammar
- Post-course testing and individual feedback
- Guidelines for further self-study: information about online Russian language courses and open educational resources available on the Internet
- Short course on Russian history and culture (in English)
- Cultural programme
Beginners will have an opportunity to:
- Learn the Russian alphabet and start writing in Russian
- Become acquainted with the basic Russian grammar
- Be familiar with the most useful phrases and words
- Be able to use Russian in everyday situations: in the street, in public transport, in stores and restaurants
- Develop listening comprehension to understand voice announcements in the subway, in a railway station etc.
Non-beginners will have an opportunity to:
- Revise and streng then their knowledge of the basic Russian grammar
- Overcome language barrier
- Be able to read and analyze articles, short stories and news
- Be able to communicate in Russian on the Internet (forums, blogs and social networks)
- Make short speeches and reports in Russian
Total fee is 39 600 rubles (around 900 euros) and it includes:
- Breakfast and lunch (excluding weekends)
- Cultural programme
- Visa support
Participation fee excluding accommodation is 33 550 rubles (around 760 euro).
For an additional fee, we can arrange a transfer service for students upon request.
Deadline for application: April 12, 2014
Deadline for EU citizens' applications: April 25, 2014
In order to participate in the Summer School, please follow the Application Procedure .
For more information, please contact:
MESI International Relations Department
Tel.: +7 (495) 442 61 22
Also information is available on www.eng.mesi.ru/education/summer-school/ and in the MESI Summer School brochure.
The DAAD offers German Students participating in the MESI Russian Language Summer School partial scholarships. This scholarship includes the fixed reimbursement of travel expenses, expenses for accommodation and meals, as well as a partial payment of tuition fee. Please find more information on the DAAD web-cite: https://goeast.daad.de/de/25457/index.html
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Russian Language Summer School</a>