Russian Language /
Russian Language & Culture Summer School /
Russian Language Summer School at the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
Russian Language Summer School
at the Financial University
under the Government of the Russian Federation
July 6 - 27, 2016
Both the beginners and those who have already started studying the Russian language can make their ambitious dreams come true by immersing in an authentic cultural and linguistic environment of Moscow. It will help you achieve the goal of reading the grand works of the Russian literature in the original and give you an opportunity to wander without a guide through the boroughs of old Moscow where the famous representatives of the Russian culture and science lived and worked.
That is why we invite you to study at the Financial University Russian Language Summer School. The School will be held from July 6 till July 27, 2016 in University's campus in Moscow. Here you will have opportunities to combine Russian language classes with walks in Moscow and visits of famous attractions of Russia's capital.
We welcome people of all ages (no younger than 17 years) from all over the world, of all levels of the Russian language. Classes are held in small international groups (7-10 persons) formed in depends on Russian language proficiency.
After successful completion of the Summer School programme participants will be awarded with Financial University Certificates.
Classes, accommodation and meals are organized in the University campus located on Leningradsky Prospekt, the widest street of Moscow. It is a part of the old road leading from Moscow to the town of Tver and Novgorod. It connected Moscow and St-Petersburg in mid-18th century. From here, you can easily get the main symbols of Russia - Red Square, Kremlin, the Great Theatre, Tretyakov Gallery, Saint Basil's Cathedral etc.
Our programme includes:
- Placement test;
- 80 hours of intensive tutorials: reading, writing, speaking, listening comprehension, phonetics and grammar;
- Post-course testing and individual feedback;
- Guidelines for further self-study;
- Russian history and culture short course in English (10 hours);
- Cultural programme.
An opportunity for beginners to:
- Learn the Russian alphabet and start writing in Russian
- Get familiar with Russian grammar basics
- Learn the most useful phrases and words
- Manage everyday Russian: in the street, in public transport, in stores and restaurants
- Develop listening comprehension to understand voice announcements in the subway, at a railway station etc.
An opportunity for those who wish to improve and to:
- Revise and enhance their knowledge of Russian grammar basics
- Overcome language barrier
- Be able to read and review articles, essays and news
- Be able to communicate in Russian on the Internet (forums, blogs and social networks)
- Make brief speeches and reports in Russian
Participation fee is 64 000 rubles (about 813* euros) and includes:
- Accommodation at the Student Residence Hall
- Breakfast and lunch (except for weekends)
- Cultural programme
- Visa support
* for March 10, 2016. The amount in Euro or USD is calculated according to the Central Bank of the Russian Federation exchange rate in the billing date.
Deadline for application: April 11, 2016
Deadline for European citizens' applications: April 25, 2016
In order to apply, please download an Application form, fill in and send it us to e-mail:
For organizing your trip to Moscow, please be informed about main deadlines of the Application procedure.
For more information, please contact:
Center for International Cooperation
Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation
Leningradsky Prospekt, 49, room 409
125993, Moscow, Russia
Phone: +7 (499) 943-94-21
See more Finance Academy under the Government of the Russian Federation
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Russian Language Summer School at the Financial University under the Government of the Russian Federation</a>