Alumni and students' communities /
Alumni's associations of the Middle East and North Africa /
The Kingdom of Morocco
Association Marocaine des Laureats des Universites et Instituts ex-Sovietiques
Founding date -1977
Alumni total in the country - over 4,000 persons
Postal address: B.P. 8869 - Agdal - Maroc 70, Zankat Qued-Ziz, Agdal-Rabat
Tel.: (212-37) 77-66-06, fax: (212-37) 77-74-70
Prof. Mohammed Lahbous - President
Mr. Mohammed Bekkali - Vice President, professor, the University of Casablanca,
Tel.: 212-22-23-0680; Fax: 212-22-23-0674
Prof. Mohammed Semlali - Vice President
Tel.: 212 66 30 06 51, Fax: 212 37 77 74 70
The chronicle of the Moroccan Alumni Association (1977 - 2004)
* December 1977 - Association Marocаuine des Laureats des Universites et Instituts ex-Sovietiques (AMLUIS) was created in Rabat at the initiative of several alumni. Its mission is to protect the rights and professional interests of its members. There are currently about 6,000 alumni in Morocco. The Association has branch offices in various cities, specifically, Rabat, Casablanca and Meknes.
The AMLUIS organized an exchange of cultural, scientific and tourist groups between the USSR and Morocco
* November 1988 -King Hassan the Second assumed high patronage of the Association's activity at the Conference Analysis and Prospects of the Moroccan-Soviet Relations.
* 1989 - The ALMUIS became one of the founders of the INCORVUZ Corporation - the International non-governmental organization uniting national Associations of the alumni of the former USSR which are the CIS countries now.
* 1994 - The AMLUIS established direct relations with the UNESCO.
* 1996 - The Association of parents of students studying in Russia and the other CIS countries was set up.
March 1996 - the AMLUIS was the only Moroccan NGO - participant to the first consultative meeting of the Arab-countries NGOs in Jordan.
June 1996 - The AMLUIS participated, as part of the INCORVUZ delegation, in the 25th NGO Conference in Paris held under the UNESCO auspices.
* 1997 - The AMLUIS marked its 20th anniversary. To commemorate the event, it held an international conference in memory of Mohammed El Fas - its first President who was also President of the Moroccan-Soviet Friendship Society. The Conference was organized under the high patronage of the King of Morocco Hassan the Second.
* 2000 - the AMLUIS organized the Second Pan-Arabic meeting, held in Rabat, of the Associations of alumni from Russia and the other countries of the former USSR.
*2002 - the AMLUIS participated in the Third Forum of Arab alumni Associations in Tunisia and became one of the founding members of the Union of the Arab Associations of the alumni of the HE institutions of Russia and the other countries of the former USSR. It was elected Vice President of the Union.
* 2002 - The AMLUIS became a member of the INCORVUZ-XXI.
* May 2003 - the AMLUIS participated in the World Forum of the Russian (Soviet) HE institutions' alumni held in Moscow under the auspices of President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin.
* May 2004 - the AMLUIS people participated in the reporting back meeting of the INCORVUZ-XXI partnership in Moscow.
* October 2004 - The Association participated in the Fourth Pan-Arabic meeting of the alumni Associations in Egypt.
The Association celebrates annually the following red letter days:
- The International Women's day (with the assistance of the Russian women living in Morocco);
- The Press Independence Day (on May 3) with the assistance of the UNESCO regional representative in Rabat;
- The Alumni Day (in November).
It also arranges vernissages, various exhibitions and runs сourses in the Russian language, piano playing, drawing and painting.
Vice President, AMLUIS
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">The Kingdom of Morocco</a>