Practical tips /
The Medical Examination of the Foreign Students in the Russian Higher Education Establishments
A foreign students' medical examination is carried out in accordance with the Federal laws of the Russian Federation:
N 115 dated 25.07.2002 - the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation";
N 52 dated 30.03.1999 - the Federal Law "On Sanitary-and-epidemiological Welfare of Population";
N 2300-1 dated 04.02.1992 - the Federal Law "On the Consumers Rights Protection";
N 122 dated 22.08.2004 - the Federal Law "On Changes of Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation and Invalidation of Some Legislative Acts of the Russian Federation in connection with adoption of the Federal Laws "On Introduction of Changes and Amendments to the Federal Law "On General Principles of Organization Legislative (Representative) and Executive Bodies of State Power of the Russian Federation Subjects" and on General Principles of Organization Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation".
A peculiarity of the medical examination in the institutions of medical higher professional education is the issue of a medical card in accordance with the results of the medical examination, which is a prerequisite for a permit to studies in clinical establishments.
To carry out the medical examination the administration of higher education establishments is obliged:
1) to file a readiness certificate of a dormitory for habitation of foreign students;
2) to arrange a medical examination of foreign students within the indicated scope;
3) to provide all foreign citizens with a medical supervision within first two weeks since their arrival to the Russian Federation for a timely infectious diseases detection;
4) to provide foreign students with information of necessity of individual preventive measures against mosquitoes stings within the territory during the epidemic season and a personal hygiene for the prevention of enteric infections and precinctive parasitosis within 3 days since their arrival;
5) to arrange a deportation of the foreign citizen in accordance with the epidemiological conclusion of the territorial authority of The Federal Service for the Protection of Consumer Rights and Human Welfare (Rospotrebnadzor) in case of a detection of a disease, which is not permitted for the right for a registration and work (education) in the Russian Federation
6) in case of a detection of a infectious disease which is posing threat for others, but is not the basis for deportation (according to the epidemiological conclusion of the territorial authority of The Federal Service for the Protection of Consumer Rights and Human Welfare (Rospotrebnadzor) the administration of higher education establishments is obliged to arrange a quarantine and medical treatment for a foreign citizen in an infectious hospital and to carry out the whole package of sanitary- antiepidemic measures at the place of his residence and study.
The order of the medical examination of the foreign citizens and the stateless persons is determined by the administration of the Russian Federation subjects and the Territorial administration of the Federal Service on Surveillance in the Sphere of Consumer Rights Protection and Human Welfare (Rospotrebnadzor).
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">The Medical Examination of the Foreign Students in the Russian Higher Education Establishments</a>