Practical tips /
Preparing to come to Russia /
Procedure for filing an invitation
An invitation for a foreign citizen to enter the Russian Federation for training is issued by the the territorial agency of the Federal Migration Service that serves the educational institution where the foreign citizen will be trained.
The invitation is issued based on the application submitted by the educational institution. The educational institution needs the following data about a foreign citizen invited for training:
1) Family name and given name (patronymic name if any) transliterated with Cyrillic and Latin characters;
2) Nationality (citizenship);
3) Country and place of birth;
4) Country of permanent residence (country and region of residence);
5) Address of employer or educational institution in the country of permanent residence and address;
6) Series and number of the identity card, date when it was issued, and the validity period (copy of the document is required);
7) Place where the visa will be issued (country and city where Russia's consulate is located).
Together with the invitation the educational institution submits guarantees of financial support, medical aid, and dwelling for the foreign citizen during the period of his/her training in the form of guarantee letters.
The invitation form belongs to series ПВС-2 and has a seven-digit number.
The filled invitation, which has a nine-digit number, shall be certified with a stamp in the lower left corner with text "Для заграничных документов" (For foreign documents).
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Procedure for filing an invitation</a>