Practical tips /
on the rules of use of electric equipment
for foreign flat renters
1. When connecting electric appliances to the electric main, it is prohibited to:
· touch central heating batteries and pipes;
· leave unattended switched on TV sets, video/audio recorders, DVD players, radio sets etc.;
· fix electric lamps using cords or threads;
· hang lamps and chandeliers directly by wires;
· shadow electric lamps using inflammable materials;
· on one's own change wiring, repair electrical outlet receptacles and electrical switches (always call an electrician from the building maintenance office);
· use home-made electrical fuses ("zhuchki") for protection from short-circuit current and overload;
· use wiring with damaged insulation;
· use defective electric appliances or electric appliances without fuses.
2. In flats, it is prohibited to use electroheat equipment (including electric water heaters, electric kettles, electric irons, cooking appliances) without thermal protectors, that is, mats made of nonflammable heat-insulating materials excluding the fire danger.
3. If in the process of using electric equipment there occur problems that you cannot re-solve on your own, inform the landlord and upon his/her consent call an electrician from the building maintenance office by phone or personally (obtain the telephone number of your building maintenance office from your landlord). Before doing it, you should agree with the landlord the manner of payment for the electrician's services.
4. If the malfunction is due to the tenant's fault, payment for the building maintenance of-fice electrician's services shall be made by the foreign students living in the given flat.
5. If the malfunction is not due to the tenant's fault, payment for the services of the build-ing maintenance office electrician shall be made as agreed with the landlord.
6. All flat renters should necessarily read these instructions (against their signature).
Source: Prevention Of Offences: Guidelines for teachers and tutors of foreign students of the Volgograd State Medical University
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links: