Let us introduce you... /
Southern Federal University
Print this article
1. General Information about the University
The Southern Federal University (SFedU) is the largest university in the South of the European part of Russia, set in 2006 by merger of the Rostov State University (RSU) with Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering (TSURE) and a several other institutions of higher education. The TSURE was chartered in 1952 in Taganrog, an industrial, commerce and port city in the South of Russia. Closeness to the sea, fresh air, a lot of sunshine and cheap food and public transportation provide excellent conditions for living, studying and recreation. After creation of SFedU Taganrog State University of Radio Engineering was renamed to Taganrog Institute of Technology - Southern Federal University (TIT SFedU).
TIT SFedU today is a fast developing institution of higher education of an innovative type, which academic and research activities of are mainly concentrated in the sphere of Information Technologies, Telecommunication, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Radio Electronics, Computer Science and related areas. The Institute comprises seven colleges, an experimental plant and several research institutes and design bureaus. The total enrollment to TIT SFedU is about 11 000.
2. List of Degree Programs
The list of programs leading to Bachelor (4 years of study) and Master (2 additional years of study):
> Computer Engineering;
> Electrical Engineering;
> Systems Analysis and Control;
> Aircraft Engineering;
> Automation and Control;
> Applied Informatics.
Two leading bachelor programs: Computer Engineering with major in "Information Science and Computer Engineering" and Electrical Engineering with majors in: "Automation and Control", "Telecommunication", "Electronics and Microelectronics", "Design and Technology in Electronic Engineering", "Electronic Equipment Engineering", "Metrology, Standardization and Certification", "Radio Engineering" are recognized by the ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technologies, USA) as "substantially equivalent" to similar named accredited programs of higher vocational education in the USA
The language of instruction for the program "Computer Engineering" might be English or Russian. Students might be admitted for studies with English language instruction only by groups consisting of at least 8 persons.
Programs leading to Specialist, Candidate of Science and Doctor of Science Degrees:
Each college offers a variety of programs leading to Specialist Diploma, Candidate of Science (Ph.D.) and Doctor of Science Degrees in Information Technologies, Telecommunication, Computer Engineering, Electronics, Nanoelectronics, Microelectronics and related areas. The language of instruction for most programs leading to Candidate and Doctor of Science Degrees might be English or Russian.
3. Academic, Housing and other Fees
Annual academic fees (without housing fee) for foreign students are:
Preparatory Division (Russian Language Courses).... 47000 RUR
Undergraduate Studies toward Bachelor Degree in Engineering and Technology
• Russian language instructions.... 90000-100000 R UR
• English language instructions.... 110000-125000 RUR
Graduate Studies toward Specialist and Master Degree in Engineering and Technology
• Russian language instruction.... 100000 RUR
• English language instructions.... 125000 RUR
Postgraduate Studies toward Candidate of Science Degree
• Russian language instruction.... 110000 R UR
• English language instructions.... 140000 RUR
Postdoctoral Studies toward Doctor of Science Degree
• Russian language instructions.... 120000 RUR
• English language instructions.... 155000 RUR
Housing fees (per year) vary from:
• triple occupancy room.... 5650 RUR
• single occupancy with private toilet and shower.... 22000 RUR
Estimated food expenditures per year are 25000-30000 RUR.
The cost of obligatory medical insurance is.... 2000 RUR.
The cost of transportation from Moscow to Taganrog (1200 km) is about:
• By Air.... 6000 RUR,
• By Train.... 3000 RUR.
Additional spending related to the student's transfer from one
Moscow Airport to another and preparing the official invitation are approximately.... 6400 RUR.
Visa renewal fees and registration.... 1600 RUR.
The recognition fee.... 3600 RUR.
Please, take into account that the RUR exchange rate was about 30 RUR per 1 USD at 2010 spring.
4. Getting the Russian Entry Visa
For getting the Russian entry visa each applicant must provide TIT SFU with following per¬sonal information:
- full name, date of birth (D/M/Y), place of birth, and passport expiration date;
- Desired time of arrival to Russia (D/M/Y);
- Scanned copy of the passport's pages, which confirms above information;
- Scanned copy of the Certificates of Education (see Section 6 of this document);
- Affiliation (official name of the company, school or university), Position;
- Working address, phone, fax, e-mail;
- Home address, phone, fax, e-mail;
- The closest to the applicant or the most convenient for the applicant city with Russian Embassy or Consulate (after receiving the official invitation from the University, the applicant must apply for Russian entry visa to only that Embassy or Consulate).
5.General Requirements to the Applicants
After arrival to the Russia all applicants must immediately move to Taganrog and submit to TIT SFedU Department for International Cooperation the following documents:
- passport valid till at least 18 month from the date of beginning of the visa term;
- visa; migration card;
- originals of the certificates of completed full secondary or higher education, legalized in the country where they have been issued;
- health certificate stating that there are no medical contra-indications against studying in Russia (in English, French or Russian) - for the applicant and all his dependents;
- HIV-certificate (in English, French or Russian) - for the applicant and all his dependents;
- chest X-ray examination;
- 10 photos sizing 3x4 cm.
While crossing the Russian border, the applicant might be asked by border officials to provide the official invitation to study in TIT SFU and / or any of the above-mentioned papers.
If some of the papers were issued in the languages other than English, Russian or French, it is necessary to submit the notarized translation of these papers into Russian language.
Failure to follow these requirements is considered as a violation of Russian legislation and might entail the punishment in form of a fine, refusal in registration and dismissal from
the TIT SFU.
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Tel./fax: +7(863) 439-3029 или +7(863) 437-1668
See also: TIT SFedU
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Southern Federal University</a>