Let us introduce you... /
Volga Region Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism
Print this article
1. General information
Volga Region Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism is a part of legacy of 27th Summer Universiade 2013 in Kazan and a unique innovative educational center.
To create and form-up sport and pedagogic elite circles, possessing the opportunities to generate and realize new ideas, to meet international standards in the field of education, health promotion, scientific, sport and related activities, to impact on social consciousness via cultural, moral and spiritual values.
To become a federal and international center for physical culture and pedagogics, student sports, science and culture.
1974 Volgograd State Institute of Physical Culture opens its branch in the city of Kazan
1986 the branch is brought to the city of Naberezhnye Chelny
1997 the branch is transformed into Kama State Institute of Physical Culture
2008 Institute earns the status of Kama State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism
2010 Volga Region State Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism founded in Kazan in the framework of the 27th Summer University Games 2013 Legacy Concept. The branch of the Academy is located in the city of Naberezhnye Chelny.
High-tech modern sport facilities
Implementation of information technologies in education
Collaboration with world leading sport associations
Volunteering services during mega sport events
International Association of Universities of Physical Culture and Sport
International Council for Sport Science and Physical Education
University of Central Lancashire
University of East London
University of Georgia
University of Novi Sad (Serbia)
University of Tartu (Estonia)
Kazakh Academy of Sport and Tourism
Uzbek State Institute of Physical Culture
Rakhimov Tajik Institute of Physical Culture
University of Szczecin
Academy of Physical Education and Sport in Gdansk
Foreign students speaking:
"Volga Region Academy has opened wide opportunities for my professional progress. Another important fact is that Volga Region Academy venues will host mega sport events like Universiade 2013, FINA 2015. Being a future expert in tourism I'm pleased with a chance to take part in these events".
Undergraduate student, Turkmenistan
"Volga Region Academy attracted me with its highly specialized interesting programs, wide range of courses. I'm sure that I'll get fundamental applicable knowledge here".
Undergraduate student, Uzbekistan
Specialization: Physical culture
Master of sport in canoeing of Uzbekistan
"Being Masters of sport in badminton we appreciate access to properly equipped sport facilities of Academy constructed for Universiade 2013 because sport is an essential part of our life. We're pleased that we can go training in comfortable atmosphere".
Grigory and Victoriya Vorobyovy
Undergraduate student, Belorussia
Specialization: Physical culture
Masters of sport in badminton of Russia
Educational Laboratory Case
78 lecture rooms
Library with a book storage for 200 000 copies
Museum of student sport history
Concert hall (seating capacity - 1 350)
Swimming pool "Burevestnik"
Kazan Tennis Academy
Ice complex "Zilant"
Campus of Volga Region Academy includes 7 buildings in Universiade Village. Total capacity - 3 050 people. Each block of flats is equipped with
Double and triple apartments with bathrooms
Accommodation area is a pedestrian zone. Educational Laboratory building and sport facilities are located within walking distance. Besides Academy offers free student buses.
3. Higher professional education
Full-time: 4 years, part-time: 5 years
- Physical culture (full-time, part-time). Profiles:
- Sport training in favored sports (athletics, skiing, fencing, football, ice hockey, Greco-Roman wrestling, freestyle wrestling, sambo, judo, belt wrestling, national wrestling "Koresh", volleyball, basketball, tennis, badminton, artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, swimming, water polo, rowing, kayak and canoeing)
- Physical education
- Sport management
- Physical culture for people with disabilities (adaptive physical culture) - full-time, part-time
- Recreation and sport tourism (full-time)
- Management (full-time)
- Hospitality (full-time)
- Tourism (full-time)
- Service (full-time)
Full-time: 2 years
- Physical culture. Profiles:
- Elite athletes training in favored sports
- Professional education in the field of physical culture and sports
Full-time: 3 - 4 years, part-time: 4 - 5 years
Fields of science:
- General pedagogics, history of pedagogics and education
- Theory and methods of physical education, sport training, recreational and adaptive physical culture
Russian language courses for foreign students
Courses include general comprehension and special vocabulary in chosen fields of study - "Physical culture and sport", "Tourism, service and hospitality". Course duration depends on initial level.
4. Educational and research center
Tasks to meet:
- To conduct applied researches in various fields of sport science, to deliver innovative findings and projects
- To provide advisory assistance in conducting training activities for medical, biological and educational programs
- To provide biomedical, scientific and methodological support for athletes training
- To promote student research activities
- To provide scientific skills development
- To develop guidelines for athletes monitoring
- Institute of Scientific Researchers for Sport Reserve Training Technologies
- Research Laboratory of Sport Morphology and Nutrition
Student research workshop is functioning in the Center.
5. E-registration for foreign entrants
Admission Committee (for CIS countries):
Executive secretary - Timur Zakirov
Tel: +7 843 221 09 09, 8 800 250 50 59 (Russia toll-free)
International cooperation department
Head of department - Veronica Gayvoronskaya
Tel: +7 843 221 09 61 (for English and French speaking applicants)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Official web site: www.sportacadem.ru
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Volga Region Academy of Physical Culture, Sport and Tourism</a>