Let us introduce you... /
Petrozavodsk State University
Petrozavodsk State University (PetrSU) was founded in 1940.
- One of the largest universities in Russia
About 11670 students
891 lecturers including:
- 66 professors, 329 associate professors
- 502 candidates of science (PhD), 105 doctors of science
- 10 faculties, 6 educational institutes, 79 departments
- 84 laboratories, development and project departments
- 27 innovative departments
- 28 small enterprises
- 2 Technoparks
- 117 patents gained through scientific researches
PetrSU also includes Publishing house, Scientific library (with collection of more than one million four hundred thousand books), Botanical garden, "Onego" swimming pool. The faculties of PetrSU are located in 13 separate campus buildings.
University provides training for 88% of employees in the Republic of Karelia and 20% of employees in Murmansk region.
FACULTIES AND INSTITUTES
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Mining and Geology
- Faculty of Mathematics and IT
- Faculty of Physical Engineering
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Ecology and Biology
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Institute of History, Political and Social Studies
- Institute of Medicine
- Institute of Forestry, Engineering and Construction Sciences
- Institute of Pedagogy and Psychology
- Institute of Foreign Languages
- Institute of Physical Education, Sports and Tourism
POSITIONS OF PETRSU IN RANKINGS
- National independent university ranking - 20-40th place among the best universities of Russia
- Nomination "International Cooperation" (2010 - 2015) - 1 -4th place
- GreenMetric World University Ranking 2014/2015 - 2rd place among universities of Russia
- "2015 University Web Ranking" - 28th place among 387 universities of Russia
- "Interfax" agency - 39th place among 832 universities of Russia
- Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) University Rankings: BRICS, 2015 - 39-54th place among the best universities of Russia
- 2015 Rating agency "Expert RA" - 52nd place among universities of Russia
Over the last three years Petrozavodsk State University has won 7 federal contests for state support of Russian universities.
92 active interlational cooperation agreements with more than 30 countries (Finland, Sweden, Norway, France, Germany, Portugal, Great Britain, the USA, Canada, Belgium, South Korea, the Baltic States, and others)
International subdivisions of PetrSU:
- Department of Academic Mobility
- The EU Centre in the Barents Region of Russia
- International Summer University
- International Programmers' Training Centre
- PetrSU-Metso Centre
- Nokia - PetrSU Centre of Mobile and Wireless Technologies
- PetrSU - Ponsse Centre
Cooperation with international organizations:
- University of the Arctic
- Joint Working Group on Education and Research of the Barents Euro-Arctic Region
- National Board of Education in Finland
- International Association of Finno-Ugric universities
- Association of Open Innovations FRUCT
- Barents Peace Education Network
For more than 20 years the University has been in heavy demand among international students on various programs including short-term English language courses, courses lasting one semester or more both in the Russian and English languages (for exchange students). Annually more than 300 international students study at PetrSU (mainly from Northern and Eastern Europe, Great Britain, the USA, China). And annually more than 250 students and staff of PetrSU visit foreign universities for exchange, research, internship in the framework Erasmus Mundus, FIRST, CIMO, TEMPUS etc.
Annually PetrSU implements about 30 international projects funded by EU, EBRD, USAID, CRDF, IREX, DAAD, Nordic Council of Ministers, CIMO and others.
Four Foreign Language Testing Centres work at the premises of PetrSU: :
- TORFL (Test of Russian as a Foreign Language)
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
- TOLES (Test of Legal English Skills)
- DELF (Test of French as a Foreign Language)
Students of PetrSU fully participate in the activities of the Creative laboratory of the University which includes more than 30 creative teams:
- Academic Choir
- Folk music ensemble "Toive"
- Theatre studio "TIS"
- Modern dance ensemble "Style"
- Folk ensemble "Kupava"
- Vocal studio
- Modern ballet ">18<"
- Arts and crafts clubs
- Modern literature club
- Art Group "Ya" ("I")
- KVN (Club of the Cheerful and Sharp-witted)
20 sport sections work at the University including skiing, basketball, volleyball, futsal, track and field, orienteering, kettlebell lifting, chess, checkers, Go, sambo, judo, wushu, aerobics and tourism sections.
Training exercises and competitions are held in three modern gyms, skiing tracks, stadium and swimming pool.
The University has high achievements in training sportsmen: over 15 years 65 masters of sports have been trained, 50 medals of the World and European Championships have been won.
Student tourist club "Sampo" is one of the leading tourist clubs among Russian universities and has the rich history.
- Students go on vacation to the sports and health camp "Shotozero" and training and health center "Urozero"
- annually 500 students spend their holidays at the Black Sea coast
- at health resorts of Karelia
- more than 700 students have an opportunity to improve their health at health and recreation resort of PetrSU
- students receive financial support
- students are provided with medical insurance
Department of Academic Mobility
Phone: +7 (8142) 71-10-89, Fax: +7 (8142) 78-26-68
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Youtube channel
AN ACTIVE HYPERLINK IS COMPULSORY for using any material from this webpage
All material is copyright protected
HTML code links:
">Petrozavodsk State University</a>